Why join Tuscany family cooking classes at our farmhouse in Tuscany?
One of the best cooking classes in Tuscany is held in the ancient rooms of our family farmhouse near Siena , in Tuscany. Its location ,very central ,is between Siena (30 min) and San Gimignano (20 min) .
We are not professional chefs but we have learnt how to cook from our mothers and grandmothers and this is what we want to share with you. We believe that the best dishes of the traditional dishes of Tuscany are the most simple ones and that the respect and the attention we pay to the quality of the ingredients make all the difference.
You will have the chance to learn how to prepare the traditional dishes from my Grandma cookbook which are prepared in our homes for a true Tuscan lunch. The dishes we offer are simple and explained step by step so you will easily repeat them once you return home!
We will give you an authentic experience, where, for a day you will move away from the tourist crowds of the cities in a splendid environment amongst the gentle Tuscan hills…
How does one day cooking class in our Farmhouse in Tuscany take place?
The whole experience takes about 4 hours concluding with lunch where the dishes cooked, all tuscan food specialities, during the class will be served, matched with a good local wine. If the weather is fine, lunch will be served in the beautiful garden in front of the farmhouse.
- Starters, Tuscan bruschette: made with fresh ingredients. 3 different kinds.
- Home made pasta: learn how to make a good dough and roll it out creating tasty tagliatelle.
- Ravioli: we will prepare the dough together and give the ravioli their classic shape.We will season tagliatelle and ravioli with my Mom homemade sauces…
- Dessert: the recipe for a classic tiramisù.
- Everything washed down with good local wine!
- For security reasons, only the children who have already completed 10 years of age will be admitted to the class.
- If you bring a guest under the age of 18, it is your responsibility to ensure that the activities he/she will participate are appropriate for his/herage.
- Please note that only the people who will participate in the cooking class will be admitted to assist. The final lunch will be served only to the people who have participated in the experience.
- It is possible to require a group cooking class up to 10 people.
- Guests who will stay at Agriturismo Monti 1824 will enjoy a 15% discount on the cooking classes.
SPECIAL NOTE: Upon booking, please e-mail us about any food allergies or preferences you may have. Thank you.
Our Guests Reviews:
Federica is an absolute sweetheart. She was so engaging and curious about what we have experienced in our culture as well. This made the cooking class fun because we felt at home in her farmhouse. She provided thoughtful instruction and was always positive with her feedback. We started with making the tiramisu, then the two different pasta doughs, then the ravioli filling, then rolled and shaped the ravioli, then rolled and shaped the tagliatelle, then made bruschetta. We tasted some local white wine in between with oil and bread. And then finally shared more wine outside while Federica cooked the pasta in the kitchen. The food was simple but tasty and we relaxed there for a while before leaving. We even got leftovers to take with us and I can’t wait to revive the recipes. It was a truly authentic experience with so many easy recipes anyone can do. Highly recommend this experience!
Rebecca from Austin,Texas
We had a wonderful experience with Federica. The location was delightful , the pasta making experience great fun and we enjoyed chatting with the other guests. Finally, the food we made was delicious and was complimented by great wines from the region. We would recommend this treat to all visitors.
William from Brisbane
This was my special experience that I wanted most for our 14 days in Italy, and Federica’s class did not disappoint. Federica was warm and welcoming from the moment we met her. Federica was very organized and was easily able to keep 7 of us on track with minimal waiting. She explained the different flours and why it was important to use certain kinds for ravioli vs. tagliatelle. It is a very hands on class and we enjoyed our fellow classmates as well. My husband and I both left and said we absolutely need to try to do this at home! The pasta we made was so delicious! I would say maybe the best pasta I have every eaten. We made 3 different kinds of bruschetta and they were all delicious. The tiramisu was actually pretty simple to make but oh so good! Federica’s husband Fabianano was very sweet and helped with some of the clean up and with group pictures. When we finished the first 2 bottles of wine that they provided us with the dinner, Federica brought us a third. Shortly after we left, Federica e-mailed the recipes to us. The experience was fantastic especially for people who have never made pasta before. You will come away thinking, “I can do this!” Time will tell if this is true!
Gabriela from New Jersey